Pages

Thursday 11 April 2013

Can I learn Japanese? Also, Yuno Gasai, Demons, and more!

Well, guess what? I'm learning Japanese. I think. I mean, I'm using Rosetta Stone and trying to learn Japanese. In kanji (well, sometimes romanji, if I can't quite get the pronunciation down). It's actually pretty fun. Gives me something to do when I'm not at work/looking for better work/working on an article.

***

Anyways, I'm also watching Future Diaries. If you know me fairly well, you'll know that I love yanderes. After reading the manga, it's still up for debate as to whether Yuno is truly a yandere. I sometimes wonder if she would be less lethal without the survival game. Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed the manga and am looking forward to watching the series.

***

FUNimation released the first episode of The Devil is a Part-Timer! and I must say, it's interesting. Not being able to read Japanese (yet... see first paragraph) means I've never read the light novels, and I have been wanting to for some time. But at least I can get a subtitled episode and still enjoy it. It's hard to make any comparisons for this series since I've never had the fortune to read it. It's supposed to be a comedy, and while the episode had it's moments, for the most part, it seemed a tad serious. Excellent action sequences in the opening. Of course, this episode just lays down the foundation for the series, which holds the premise that the devil himself had been banished to Japan and is having to work in a fast food restaurant to support himself and blend in with the culture.

***

Also, thanks to how long Fujishima-sensei has been dragging the current story arc, I suppose Ah! My Goddess will be wrapping up in the next few years. I'm a bit disappointed, because I really love the series, and the current arc has involved Keichi Morisato and his first-class Goddess Belldandy going through the Gate of Judgement to determine if they actually can be in a relationship (they pulled this one off much more impressively than they did in the movie). However, it looks like - and I don't consider this a spoiler because
  • Everyone knew they would eventually make it official anyways and...
  • This is just what I think will happen, I'm not going to reveal plot details that haven't occurred yet in the story. This is guesswork, but it should be obvious.
It would be good to end the series on a high note, and the blessing of Belldandy and Keichi's union would be a very good note to end on. Fujishima has been doing this series - including four TV series, and several OVA's for 25 years. It's an amazing story, and I think it deserves it's more amazing conclusion, which judging by the current arc, could be soon.

Anyways, that's what I've been doing/thinking. Don't forget to visit me on HubPages, or visit my Facebook, G+, Twitter and Pinterest!

0 comments:

Post a Comment